Classes, phylums, and orders are a broad category of the type of body a creature has, the family is a term referring to its line, and the species refers to the individual species.
Classes are used by Compliens only. They have the most variance of all of the first-order classifications.
Only one class can be chosen at a time in the format of class family species. An example would be gelate gooiey burbel, where the Complien's body shape corresponds to the Gelate class, the Complien's family is the Gooiey family, and the Complien's species is denoted by the Burbel name.
- Gelate - Gooey, amorphous blobs
- Figuran - Simple, usually abstract shapes
- Enthrupenoyd - Anthropomorpic creatures with two arms, two legs, one head, and no other limbs
- Schiva - Anthropomorphs with multiple arms
- Warroworl - Anthropomorphs with multiple legs
- Flinswi - Insectoid bodies
- Sghuou - Poorly-defined figures that shift formlessly
- Monukranum - Bodies that are just one or more heads or head-like objects
- Cefaloforac - Bodies that are heads with limbs, but no torso
- Ubtos - Anthropomorphs with wings, either as individual limbs or replacing the arms
- Sevvirris - Creatures with bodies separated into many individual pieces
- Aerandylii - Dragon-like body shapes
- Kraule - Quadrupeds with a body shaped like that of a dog, cat, or horse
- Lebillis - Semi-humanoids with a head, body, and arms, but no legs
- Sweicth - Semi-humanoids with a head, body, and legs, but no arms
- Heoddi - Heads with bodies, but no limbs
- Censtelalationae - Creatures with tentacles
- Monocaudum - A head with a tail, but nothing else
- Peiaga - Heads with bodies and wings, but nothing else
Only Raethians are sorted into phylums. As Raethians all have different genetic configurations and thus different appearances, there are many different phylums to choose from.
Phylums are sets of prefixes and suffixes put together into one compact descriptor, due to the many combinations possible. The format of a Raethian's scientific name is phylum species. An example would be monoeye/medenhorn/diarm/monotail teriru, where the Raethian has 1 eye, 0 horns, 2 arms, and 1 tail, and its species is denoted by Teriru. As they do not grow, Raethian scientific names have no families.
- Meden - 0
- Mono - 1
- Di - 2
- Tri - 3
- Quad - 4
- Pente - 5
- Harare - 6+
- Leg (optional)
- Wing (optional)
- Tent (short for tentacle) (optional)
Mogurians can be classified into different orders. Mogurians naturally look very similar unless infused with complixonox to create elemental creatures, which results in two large orders and a great many variety of small, describing suborders. The scientific format of a Mogurian is order suborder species, which can be shown in the example natural kodenkorf or the example altered proportion armcount legcount reinfreun, where Natural and Altered are the orders, Kodenkorf and Reinfreun are the species, and Proportion, Legcount, and Armcount are the suborders. As they do not evolve, Mogurian scientific names have no families.
- Natural - Human-like Personoid with long torso, 1 head, 2 arms and legs, and no other limbs
- Altered - Non-Natural Mogurians
- Proportion - The arms, limbs, torso, or any other body part is bent into an inhuman shape
- Headcount - The number of heads is changed
- Armcount - The number of arms is changed
- Legcount - The number of legs is changed
- Handshape - The hands or fingers are not like normal Mogurians' hands
- Footshape - The feet or toes are not like normal Mogurians' feet
- Tail - The Mogurian has tail(s)
- Wings - The Mogurian has wing(s)